Two army men detained, released

Published at 24/11/2013 23:33:12 0 Comment(s)
Two army men detained, released

Rising Kashmir News Jammu, Nov 24: Major tragedy was averted by police with ‘careful search operation’ in Ghrota and detention of two Army men after people reported about suspicious movement in the area. Later, it turned out to be an army exercise and police released both the Army men from their custody soon after they were detained. According to the sources, the people in village Bhalwal informed police in Ghrota police station and they have seen two men in army uniform and they were moving under suspicious circumstances with arms. “The villagers also took out their licensed weapons besides alerting police and other agencies,” the sources said, adding that the police along with the Quick Reaction Team (QRT) under the leadership of SDPO Akhnoor Mohammed Rayees swung into action and they cordoned off the entire village in Bhalwal. They said that the police started operation and after long searches, they spotted two men in Army uniform in the village and caught them. However, the preliminary investigation revealed that the two were from Regular Indian Army and were given a task by the Army under which the two soldiers were present in the area. Still not satisfied with the discloser of the detained army men, sources said, the senior police officials established contact with Army officials and it was confirmed that there was an army exercise and they belonged to army. Though the timely action of police was appreciated by the people, but with lack of communication there might be firing since the locals also had licensed weapons and police was also not informed about the presence of Army men, a senior police official told Rising Kashmir wishing his anonymity. The police officer said that they should be informed by the Army to avoid any misunderstanding. Notably, three militants who sneaked into this side in Samba from Pakistan crossing International Border had carried out a suicide attack at an Army Camp and a police station in Hiranagar leading to the killing of atleast 10 persons. Following the attack, strict security measures were taken and drill were conducted besides holding interaction with the people by police especially in border villages.

0 Comment(s)

Leave a Reply

9 − = five

Back To Top